SOTKAnet data content
The data content page includes links to SOTKAnetís indicator lists (all indicators or indicators by sub-group) as well as the current update status for SOTKAnet material. The indicator lists will open in a new window.
The indicator lists show both indicator-specific and indicator group-specific metadata. Click on the blue info button next to each indicator name to open a window with metadata on that indicator. The indicator lists also allow you to select indicators for your search by clicking on "Add to search". This adds the chosen indicator to your search criteria on the search page.
The indicator descriptions have been drafted by experts at THL and include the following parts:
- Indicator name
- A numerical code that serves as an indicator ID. You can use the ID (or several IDs, separated by commas) to look for indicators using the free-text search on the front page and search page
- Organisation and data source
- Keywords relating to the indicator. Keywords are used to look for indicators with the free-text search on the front page and search page
- Classifications to which the indicator belongs
- Indicator restrictions, such as publishing no municipality level data with less than a certain number of cases for the sake of privacy protection
- Interpretation that governs the use of the indicator
- Legislation relating to the indicator
- Time series: years from which data are available
- Update frequency: how often new data becomes available
- Recommendations relating to the indicator, for example, if the indicator is included in a political action programme
- Possible remarks on using the indicator
- Information on sources of additional data
Description of indicator group
Group-specific indicator descriptions are available mainly from the upper-level groups (main groups and first-level sub-groups). The indicator group descriptions include the following parts:
- Group name
- A numerical code for the group
- Interpretation that governs the use of the indicator group
- Group constituents, either sub-groups or indicators
In accordance with the division below, you can choose to examine or print SOTKAnet data content by main indicator group. You can also select all indicators in SOTKAnet.
- All indicators in SOTKAnet
- Social welfare, health care and population data
- Indicator projects
- European indicators
The indicator lists also allow you to select indicators for your search.
Update status for statistical and indicator data
The SOTKAnet update status gives you information on data updates. It contains source registers and data sets as well as their thematic contents. The data are organised by source organisation.
The update status table includes the following information:
- Source: name of source register or data
- Contains: Thematic contents identified from the material
- Reference year: the latest year with available data from the source register or data set. The update frequency of a thematic content can vary even if it belongs to the same source register or data set. For example, the population statistics of Statistics Finland contain population projection indicators that are updated every three years as well as population structure indicators that are updated each year. However, the reference year of population projections is always the same as the reference year of population structure indicators.
- Updated: the date of the last update
- Update frequency: how often the data are updated